Monday, July 16, 2012

A day at the Butterfly Bush!

Today was a very busy day at the Butterfly bush.  It was full of bees and butterflies.
The Cabbage White were in attendance.  I counted at least 5.  Then the next large group of butterflies were the Silver-spotted Skipper....
The next ones are skippers but I have not seen them at my yard before.  They are very small so I may have overlooked them.....
I think this is a Yellow Skipper.  They fly around fast. Then there was this...
This I think is a Zabulon Skipper....
This one is like a chocolate butterfly....believe it is a Dun Skipper.
Lots of Skippers in the yard today...all but the Silver-spotted Skipper are new to my yard.
This Humming Bird Moth visited too.  It is hard to get a good picture as he is fast.

This beautiful Spicebush Swallowtail visited and really enjoyed the butterfly bush.  This was a first in my yard also.  I was very excited.  There was a very tiny, tiny blue butterfly that I just couldn't get a picture of...it might have been a Summer Azure but I just couldn't get focused in to it.
It was a very exciting day for the butterfly bush....and me!!!!!  (If I identified one wrong, please let me know....thanks)

No comments:

Post a Comment