Monday, January 2, 2012

Robin nest 2011

Here is the Robin gathering some dead grasses for his nest.



I was sitting back by the pond when I heard this chirping...Up in the apple tree was the nest of baby Robins.
They were only noisy when their parents landed on the nest.  They knew they were going to be fed.

Once fed...rest time....I love the white feathers on their heads.  I wasn't sure how many were in the nest....
Here is one of the parents posing for me with some very juicy worms for the babies....
I love this picture....they are ready for food...
The parent is feeding...still not sure how many in the nest.

Then both parents arrived and a third head popped up!

Now I was seeing 3 babies and they were growing so fast.

One day the nest was empty and I looked around and on the fence was one baby and on the ground was another.  They stayed around all day but were gone the next day....
This little one was on the porch one morning...not sure he was from the same nest or not.  For two weeks it was fun watching them.  Robins have nested in my backyard for two years now and they seem to enjoy us being out watching them. Can't wait till summer of 2012...

No comments:

Post a Comment