Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Wild Turkey

 In July 2010, my sister and I were walking along the path at Canal Rd. Park and we spotted this cat watching something.  We started looking around to see what he was watching.


It didn't take long and we spotted this beautiful Wild Turkey.


I think she noticed us about the same time we found her.  While taking pictures I noticed something at her feet.
I couldn't quite make out what it was but very soon we discovered we had found a family!








It was her baby! We were so excited!  But as we were watching them......








Little heads started appearing and there were 5 babies.




She started walking away and they started to follow her.  Guess she thought she had stayed long enough for pictures....


She lead them across the field, still keeping an eye on us (we had not moved) and took them behind this tree.


Then she came walking out by herself. She kept an eye on us and walked around.  We decided it was time for us to move on.  It was a thrilling experience.  So I thought this would be a good time to tell this story since Thanksgiving is so close.  Hope everyone has a great one.

4 comments: