Sunday, November 6, 2011

 Birding Live vs Birding the net!

The final 2  birds will be released on Monday, Nov. 7.  Birding The Net has been exciting, interesting and frustrating and I have learned a lot.  But today I had to get outside and see some real birds.  The time change thru me off so I took off to one of my favorite spots early this morning.....

Charlie's Pond

It was very quite out there is morning but then I saw the cute Horned Lark.


There were just a couple and some Starlings and some Killdeer.


I love to watch them running around.  Then a pair of Ring-necked Pheasants flew across the road and ran into the corn field and were gone!


I wasn't sad because I didn't get their picture.  I have pictures of them already.  Was nice to just watch them.  So I went and did some shopping and got lunch and took it to the Canal Road pond area and this little guy was really giving me a show!


This Belted Kingfisher was singing his heart out.  I couldn't decide if he was warning of my arrival or just having a good day.

So now I am refreshed and ready for the stress of finding those two birds on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment