Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Drama in the backyard!!!

This morning while on the computer, I heard the birds making alot of noise outside my window.
I went to the door and looked out and there he was sitting on my porch.  I believe he is a Sharp-shinned Hawk.  The sparrows were in the Burning bush just to his left and watching how he could fly into that bush was amazing.








I grabbed my camera and started taking pictures of
him.  He then flew into the Plum Tree and I sneaked out and sat in the swing (just across from this chair he is sitting on)








I didn't have to wait long and he was flying around again and landed on the metal arbor.


From here he flew into the bush again and this time the Sparrows got away.
That was when I noticed this Downy Woodpecker in the Dogwood and not moving.  The Downy stayed perfectly still the whole time.







Then the Hawk flew around and started to land on the porch chair when he noticed me in the swing and flew to the back of my yard in another Dogwood Tree.  I think he was a shocked to see me as I was at seeing him coming toward me!!!!

He flew around a couple of more times and wasn't successful in catching anything and flew to another yard.
What an exciting morning and I didn't have to leave my yard.

3 comments: