Monday, July 7, 2014

Edith Head

I know this is not what my usual posts are about...but this was such a nice exhibit, I wanted to share with you.   It is at the Decorative Arts Center of Ohio in Lancaster, Oh.  It will be on display until middle of August.  It is on Main St. in this wonderful old home.




This is a great way to spend an afternoon...it is free...which is even better!  I did leave a donation because it is such a nice display.

The first floor is rooms with period furniture... three rooms and a gift shop.
I love this room...Peacock material for curtains and the chair on right...the couch is also done in the peacock feather material....
I love this conversation bench...and the huge mirror....
 

View from the desk out the window.....

Then the beautiful staircase.......



Then when you get to the top of the stairs....this is the beautiful vision .....

The dress in the middle was worn by Mae West.

This gown was worn by Angela Lansbury...in the movie "Court Jester".


The cape was worn by Martha Ray, next one by Jane Russell and the shirt by Roy Rogers.

This cape was worn by Hedy Lamarr in "Samson & Delilah."

Betty Hutton wore this outfit.

 Another picture of the Mae West dress...

This one I remember....It is from "Fun in Acapulco"  1963...worn by the lady bull fighter...anyone else remember seeing this movie?  Elsa Cardenas and Elvis Presley.


Notice I found the reel with the movie "Fun in Acapulco" !


There are 4 rooms of costumes and pictures.


Each room has an Ipad that has the outfits on it...you touch the outfit and you get to see a scene from the movie the outfit was worn in...I did a few but want to go back and see more.

The only hat...

Edith Head's scrap book....

The Paramount seamstress, Ruth Crawford Lie Van, did the quilt squares.  She collected scraps from the outfits she worked on and created this quilt squares.



I could have showed you so much more but I hope you go visit and see these beautiful costumes for yourself...admission is free and a great way to spend a rainy day........
I hope to go again before it ends....

No comments:

Post a Comment