Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring has sprung in Yoctangee Park !

Overnight the trees have burst out in beautiful color after their long winter nap.  I had to go to the park to see.....
The bridge is always beautiful and the sun was behind menacing clouds.  I didn't know if it was going to start raining or not.
Loved the pink tree across the lake.
The beautiful fruit trees blooming with their white blossoms.
A view of the lake and Water Street down near Walnut.
View of Water Street near Paint St.  The Daffodils blooming on the hillside.








There were several couples of Lesser Scaup.  They are a diving duck and every time I focused in on him under he went!








As this picture shows!!!!  But finally go a couple of good pictures...This group came over to me thinking I was going to feed them something...they were very disappointed and the Mallard duck seems to have become part of their group...I believe they are Indian Runner ducks.

And of course the squirrels were everywhere, running, climbing trees, just having a fun time in the nice spring weather.
Looking to the west.
Still looking West... In this one I noticed the houses on the hill, that in a few weeks I won't be able to see them when the trees have all their leaves.

A close up...I think this is Mountain House the home of Dard Hunter.


So beautiful.....

My favorite tree in the whole park!
I wonder how old he is.  It reminds me of a wise, old man.
Now across the bridge I go to see what I find on the other side.
A nice walk along here.
The Swan making his tour of the pond to be sure there are no trouble makers about.  He had just finished chasing two other swans up the hill at Paint where you turn into the park.
Another look at the fruit trees,  not sure if they are apple or not? You can see the clouds but no rain yet... 
The Swan passing under the bridge...almost back to the nest.
This view is looking north...the YMCA is on the left.  Looks like the sky is beginning to clear!
 
What it is like to walk under these beautiful trees and smell (which I could give you that) is wonderful.


This Song Sparrow was singing his heart out....I love to listen to them.



Then I found this Mourning Dove nest...Oh my they build such pitiful nests...She must have laid her eggs because she didn't move when I stopped to snap a picture.






Then I saw an American Coot....wonder how he ended up here...

Then these two sleeping under the Willow....Wood Duck on left and Mallard...

The violets are blooming too...They are pretty and I love them but not in my yard!  LOL
Now I am over by the "Y"...
Looking across the road...that is the High School peeking through the trees...

Then I saw something which I couldn't quite make out...I was too far away....
Closer I got it looked like a ball of fur...a RAT!   no too big...hhmmm?  What is it?
He turned a little and guess what!  a Ground Hog!!!!!  He was just sitting there on top of his home!

They are cute but I guess they can be a nuisance...

Now I am at the nest....


This is the third year nesting here.  She hasn't had very good luck..so maybe this year will be different...the first year the eggs didn't hatch...last year she had one baby, but it didn't survive..don't know what happened to it...so hopefully this year will be a good one.

She know's I am near. She didn't move.  I quickly took a couple of pictures and left.
 
Going back to my car...
Such a lovely walk through the park....and when I got home...the sun came out! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment