Friday, June 29, 2012

Herons of Pickerington Ponds

My sister and I stopped at Pickerington Ponds to see what was there.  We had never been there so we wanted a new experience.  With Susie (my GPS) guiding the way, we finally found it....the first thing we saw was this........
A Heron Rookery!  Of course I pull off the road to get pictures.


              
It was amazing to see them in the nest with their babies, not allot of room!
This is another view of the Rookery.  There were ducks and a Belted Kingfisher.
He is on the tree limb to the right.  I know this picture isn't that great but there seems to be a bird or duck on the branch below the Kingfisher.
We also saw American Goldfinch.  They were in this flower section.
They were flying around everywhere...one minute you saw them then they were hidden in the flowers.

At the lookout at the Glacier Knoll Picnic area, my Sister spotted an Osprey.

He was way in the distance, but he was watching everything going on from his perch.
We hope to return one day and spend more time, it is a big place.

No comments:

Post a Comment