Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Yard Work and Planting!

Finally it is time to clean up the yard.  I didn't do anything to it last year as I was a bit under the weather all summer and couldn't.  What a jungle it had become!
This is how it looked in April when all the purple spring flowers were blooming.  I had to go in there and pull them all out!   Has taken about a week just to clear this area.  I put on an audio book, Stephen King's 11/22/63, a nice long book.  So out I went and battled the "jungle" that once was my garden.....

Today it looks like this....I still have to finish mulching and planting some pretty annuals...but I am on my way!
The only color seen right now is the lilies that were hidden....they survived!!!!


Here is a view of the small pond....it was almost out of sight......
Yes, that is the small pond and you can see the ugly black cover on the pool.  So depressing...

This is the small pond now!!!!
I couldn't finish the mulching because I took a day of rest today!!!!!
One more before and after for you to really see what a mess it was!!!!

This is a view from the porch and that is a bird bath by the fence.  When I got to it, I found it broken and of course, went SHOPPING  ...and got a new one......

Looks much better...Just need some flowers for color.  I do have some flowers blooming around the yard....
I have some flower pots done.....

 Some Petunias for the porch.. They smell so good. I love Sage..so got a bunch of different kinds and Rosemary in the middle...makes such a nice arrangement and smells good too.....

This is succulents that I purchased at the Amish nursery out past Londonderry, Oh.
Cecil and I got the cover off the pool and it looks so beautiful...
It was so clear when we took of the tarp, just a few crickets in it.  Just have to get out the pool chairs and umbrellas and of course I have to finish the rest of the yard....all that along the right side of the pool and in the back and to the left....so I guess I have half done....then I can relax!  LOL....
Our daughter, Jill and her family are coming for the holiday week end and the kids love the pool...so I have a few more days to relax and tomorrow a nice massage and my old back should be ready to go for the rest of the yard!
Have a safe and happy holiday!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment