Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Update!!!!

After I had posted my May Day Blog...later that day, I went out on the porch and there was this bird in the Dogwood Tree.  He was just sitting there and after the shock, I recovered. I ran in and grabbed my camera, shaking now, and got these few pictures of the beautiful Rose-breasted Grosbeak.

He was so striking.  I couldn't believe I was so close to him.  Was very exciting...then he started moving around the tree and I am shaking and trying to capture as many pictures as I can!!!!!
I think he was going to come down to the feeders.....
But a Starling flew in and he flew away and didn't return.  But he had been there and that was enough for me...
      So..last night another really bad storm and this morning I ran out to see if anything different had arrived and this cute Chipping Sparrow was at the feeder just stuffing himself with the seeds.
He is so cute!!!!!
The Titmouse was looking at him...like Who is the new Guy????  You can see how tiny he is compared to the Titmouse.  This is the first time I have had a Chipping Sparrow in my yard.
Sitting checking out the area before he heads to his destination.
So there has been some unexpected excitement at the bird feeders.
Also saw my first Hummingbird of the year yesterday also....

No comments:

Post a Comment