Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 1, 2012 ???

Beautiful, warm, spring day!  But it is February 1!!  Tomorrow is Ground Hog Day...What will he see and what will we get?????
As I walked around my yard seeing what I was going to have to do when Spring does get here, I found honey bees on my winter honeysuckle!  Not just one but at least a half dozen.  Too early for these wonderful creatures.



They were busy gathering pollen and flying from flower to flower.  The sweet smell of the flowers is wonderful...
Hope the coming days doesn't hurt the bees and the flowers.











As I continued my walk around my yard...the Hellebores are so beautiful
There are about a dozen flowers blooming and have been for a while.  I think I will get some more of these this year.  They brighten my mood when it is still winter out..

The blossom  is so pretty! And then I noticed my Primrose were pushing leaves threw the dirt and then this one.....
After pushing threw the dirt and the leaves (I didn't clear away) there are flower buds coming up!  Oh my I hope this does mean that spring is just around the corner and that this will be the winter of no snow and cold..... but this is just the first day of February and anyone from Ohio knows.....well you never know what the weather is going to do!   But for today, I am enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment