Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Christmas Story....the house!

Back a few months ago, I went to Cleveland to visit my daughter and the grandchildren.  While the kids were in school...we decided to do some Mother/Daughter stuff!  I had found out that the house used in the movie "The Christmas Story"  was in Cleveland and not too far from my daughter's... So off we went to find it.   I have never seen the movie completely through from beginning to end ...just the highlights....

It is very pretty....There is a small parking lot next to it (a small charge, but worth it) a museum and a gift shoppe on the street.

These are pictures from the museum.




This actor(I am so sorry I don't remember his name) was in the museum when we were there...He was one of the delivery men in the movie that delivered the leg lamp....He said that the original box was a bit to wide to get in the door so they cut it down which took the T of This and turned into His End Up!   



Then we got to go inside the house.

It was like walking back in time......

The hat rack by the door....

There was the Leg lamp in the box.....


We went into the living room first and a docent told us the story of how the house came to be.



Then we were free to walk through the house.....

I loved the kitchen!




Then we went upstairs.....



The sewing/ironing room...

The boy's room....

The view from the stair case of the front room.


Got to have our picture by the Leg Lamp!

One last look as we are leaving....I would love to see it at night....



I know there are not any birds, bugs, or butterflies in this posting...but if you are coming up to Cleveland to see the wonderful wildlife at Lake Erie and have some time....check out "The Christmas Story House"
It puts you in the mood....

This year as I begin my Christmas movie watching....The Christmas Story will be on my list to watch from beginning to end!

Hope everyone has the best of Holidays.....(just in case I don't get another blog in before 2014!!!! )

No comments:

Post a Comment