Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Drought.....

On Sept. 2nd we paid a visit to the park annex and the Scioto River.  I was shocked to see how low it had gotten.  We were able to walk out into the middle of the river bed.
Was a very strange feeling.  There were some Heron hanging around.  Today (9-11) I went to see if the rain that we had had helped....what a difference.....



On the Sept 2nd. looking north.











This morning, looking much better.

This is looking south on the 2nd of Sept.











Much better....


 There were Cedar Wax-wings eating off the river bed on the 2nd.
Today there was a group of duck in the same area.











Out on the island the birds started flying and the ducks were flying....guess I had disturbed them...a group of Great Egrets were on the island...

I watched for a while... Amazing how quick vegetation grew and wildlife came.  I am always amazed at nature.........

No comments:

Post a Comment