Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Osprey Nest




The Osprey nest at Deer Creek State Park, Ohio.  I was so thrilled to see they had returned to nest.
I had watched them all
summer of 2010 and was happy to be able to watch them this summer 2011.
















She looked like she had already laid her eggs and was sitting on them.
















I found a great place to sit and watch and get some good pictures.  I was so excited for the babies to hatch...


Then the rains came and Deer Creek flooded...
The nest with her still sitting on the eggs...


The nest doesn't look very good in this picture and the water had gone down some..but there were some more spring storms and the next time I visited....


No Osprey was on the nest...they had abandoned it.














I have hopes for next Spring, that the Osprey will return and try again.  I will keep everyone updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment