Saturday, July 24, 2010

Monarch visit

The Monarch Butterfly: Biology and ConservationHad the Monarch butterfly visit my yard this week.  It was so beautiful.
First he was over by the water fountain I have and there are some rotting apples on the ground.
At first I thought it was a Viceroy.  Then he flew over the fence and a few minutes later he flew back and landed on a flower.

I got a better look at him and decided he was a Monarch Butterfly.













I keep hoping he will return.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Very possible it's a She and she may have also laid an egg or two on the Milkweed. That is their host plant and it may very well happen, so if you find tiny yellow spots on the underside of any leaves, you know you are going to have young'uns soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info...I am so excited.. I now see her everday in the yard. I'll got on an egg hunt as soon as the rain lets up here.

    ReplyDelete